Southsea Beach Clean
March 2 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Everyone is welcome including children and dogs.
Please register here.
How it works:
- Listen to the mini briefing
- Take part in the group photo (optional but helpful!)
- Borrow litter pickers or gloves
- Get cleaning!
If you can’t make it for 10am, feel free to join us anytime before 11:15 as Colas collect the bags at 12.
The aim is to remove anything man-made from the beach e.g. food wrappings, straws, cigarette ends etc etc. You’ll generally find the most rubbish along the high tide mark so it’s a good place to start.
Just a few words about health & safety:
- Use gloves or the pickers to pick up rubbish
- Walk around the pier rather than under it
- Ask a coordinator to pick up any needles for you (it’s rare that we find any of these)
- Cover up any dog poo with stones rather than try to pick it up
- Avoid the big rocks by the Pyramids as they may be slippery
- Mind the water’s edge
- Dress warmly and wear sturdy shoes
Near the Rock Gardens
Southsea, Hampshire PO5 3PG